Sunday, July 25, 2004

SCREEEEEEECH!

I am writing about songs I absolutely hate.  I started this kind of on Bennie's blog, and more songs just keep coming to mind.  I selected the title of this post because hearing these songs is like hearing fingernails on a blackboard.  So, here are my worst favorite (or Josh says "least favorite", which I guess is more correct) songs in no particular order:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (?)
Cecelia (Paul Simon)
Old Time Rock and Roll (Bob Seger)
Honky Tonk Women, Jumping Jack Flash, Get Off My Cloud (Rolling Stones)
Money (Pink Floyd)
We are the Champions (Queen)
I Heard it Through the Grapevine (Anybody)
Glory Days (Bruce)
Sugar Sugar (The Archies)
I Think I Love You (David Cassidy)
Rocky Raccoon (The Beatles)
Paradise City (G&R)
Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
Delta Lady (Joe Cocker - I like it by Leon Russell)
Witchy Woman (Who does that one?  Was it the Eagles?)
Take it Easy (The Eagles)
Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John and Kiki Dee - was she the monkey in Zelda?)
Anything by Bread

Well, that is just a few.  As you may have noticed, some of these songs are from some of my favorite bands or singers.  It is just the song itself that I can't stand.  If I think of others I'll add them in the comments. 

No comments: