Sunday, January 08, 2006

"I think that will probably be a source of her demise."

I was working this week, doing my transcription, and the doctor said this about one of his patients. I just thought it was a cool quote. The woman has been smoking for almost all her life, and even though knowing it's about to kill her will not stop. How do people get in this situation? And why is it so hard to get out of it? I've worked with many people who have smoked, and all of them wanted to quit, but they never even tried that I could tell. The one that took the cake, for me anyway, was a guy who worked at the hospital in Mt. Airy. Guess what his job was? Respiratory therapist. Of all the people who KNOW what tobacco does to you. And it's not just lung problems. It seems mostly to be heart problems. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

I just finished watching Carolina STOMP the Giants. It was a fun game to watch (if you're a Panthers fan). We're going to Chicago next week. One of the guys, I think it was Steve Smith, was talking to a reporter after the game. They were talking about how it would be cold in Chicago, and the player said he had rather be cold and playing than warm and at home. I predict we will BEAT Chicago next week and go all the way this year - if we continue to play like we have the last two games.

No comments: