Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Me and the Senator - Again


Yesterday I had lunch with Richard Burr! Well, along with about 20 other people, but still . . He is such a cute guy! And really nice. He came to Mt. Airy for several different events – one of them being a ribbon cutting at the Republican Headquarters. He talked for about 7 or 8 minutes, then took any questions anybody had, and then we ate. While we were sitting around eating it was like he was just one of us, just talking and joking and stuff. He just didn’t seem like a big shot United States senator. AND when he got there he drove his own car and was ALL BY HIMSELF. I was really surprised. I thought that senators had all their aides and security people and stuff. Can you imagine Hillary driving to some small town in New York alone? Can she even drive?

So, this was my thrill for the week, especially having him put his arm around me for a picture!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: