Friday, February 23, 2007

Letdown

What a dumb ending to a really good show, well at least it was good up until Marissa died. That is when they "jumped the shark". If you don't know, I'm talking about The O.C. I've been watching this show from the beginning, several years ago, and it has been a very interesting, fun show to watch. But last night's series finale was absolutely the worst ending to a series I have ever seen. It was just dumb. They left out so many things, like Ryan's child - what happened to him (or her?). And did they forget that he had a real mother? And his father, although Kevin Sorbo is a hunk and a half, he just didn't quite fit the picture of Ryan's abusive, alcoholic father. I mean I know people can change, but . . . And what did they do about their house? Just leave the mess there after the earthquake for someone else to clean up? Anyway, it was very unrealistic, and I was very disappointed. It was a good show, and they ruined it. At least this way I won't miss it though.

And what about American Idol this year? I thought the girls did really well, but I only liked one guy - Blake. And did you see Fantasia last night? She was fantasia-stic! And one other comment. They showed the musicians who are going to be mentors for this season. Where did they get some of these people? Peter Noone? I mean I liked Herman's Hermits, but a mentor? Jennifer Lopez? Gwen Stefani? And who has heard from Lulu in the last 40 years? Jon Bon Jovi will probably be okay, and Tony Bennett should be great. Anyway.

Well, I've got to go and get ready for the ballgame. Go Rams!

No comments: