Friday, June 15, 2007

Cool Song

During one of the last AI shows Green Day performed a song that I remembered from years ago and hadn't heard in a long time, John Lennon's "Working Class Hero". Since then I've heard it on the radio a few times. I remember being in high school and hearing that song, and hearing the "F" word - twice - for the first time on a record. But, not counting that, I really liked the song. And what is so cool about the Green Day version is the last two lines. The song just kind of stops, and you hear the original Lennon song with John singing those lines.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, but i hate the new version. when will green day record an original song again?

Rise said...

Well, I guess I like the original better, but this one is better than nothing. I've never heard JL's version on the radio before.

Rise said...

And while we're on the subject, I was watching a video the other day, and there was Axl Rose, I thought, except that he looked younger, and I thought he should have aged since I had seen him last. Well, it wasn't even him. It was some guy named Aaron Gillespie of The Almost. Have you seen him? The resemblance is remarkable.

Anonymous said...

he does look alot like axl. but he also looks like he's about 22.