Monday, September 08, 2008

How 'Bout Them Cats?

Yesterday's Panther game was one of the best I've ever seen. It was so exciting, and came down to the LAST TWO SECONDS. Jake is back! And I really like D'Angelo Williams. He can read the defenders so well and will change his direction if needed, not just go into a bunch of players just because that is where the play is supposed to be run. And Dante Rosario was very impressive. He should be way ahead of Dwayne Jarrett behind Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammed. Phillip Rivers (NC State) did a good job for San Diego. And I loved to watch everyone's reaction at the end. Jake was on Cloud 9 running down the field toward Rosario, and John Fox was cute as a button dancing out to the field. The poor SD coach just looked disgusted. Anyway, the game was a lot of fun to watch. I honestly believe we can go all the way this year!

2 comments:

Bennie said...

Next January, let's you and me go back and read this post again. I bet we'll laugh and laugh at how the Panthers went down hill after Game 3!

Scott said...

It was a fun game to watch. I had some ribs smoking on the grill, etc. I loved the fact that it came down to the last 2 seconds and a pass to the back of the end zone! There's just one thought that keeps in the back of my mind. Several years ago, I went to the Panters vs. 49ers game in Charlotte. The Panthers were ahead by 8 points with 6 seconds left on the clock - the Panthers lost in overtime! I love to watch Panthers football, but it's really hard to have a lot of faith in them based on previous games. They have perfected the fine art of losing a game when it seems there is no way possible!