Tuesday, September 25, 2012

P-Day Adventures

 
Yesterday for our P-Day (personal day) Bennie and I went to the Ludington State Park again and hiked around.  The last time we went we stayed on the beach a lot, but this time we went to the other side of the park and hiked some trails around the river and some sand dunes.  I loved the sand dunes.  They were a lot of fun.  This first picture was just where we stopped on the way up to the park.  There were a lot of white caps on the lake. 

 
 
 
 
We had crossed over a dam and just walked along the river.  We saw several salmon swimming around.  We looked for otters but never saw any.




We found a trail called the "Skyline" trail, which was a boardwalk that went along the tops of the sand dunes.  That's Lake Michigan in the background.


Sand.  It looks like snow.  It was really hard walking up the sand hills but a lot of fun running down.



The river in the background. 


On top of a dune.



We saw a redheaded woodpecker that looked just like Woody!  Hard to see, but he is on that tree right in the middle.  You might need to click on the picture to see it better.


And we saw several deer.  This one looks a little ghostly with his bright eyes :)


It was a lot of fun but wore me out.  I felt like I had climbed Stone Mountain, which I really miss btw.  I love looking at Lake Michigan.  It is so blue.

1 comment:

Chris Harris said...

thanks for all the pictures. Wish I had time to come visit you guys.