Sunday, January 16, 2005

Good Reads

I was talking to Justin this afternoon, and we got to talking about books. He had just finished "The Da Vinci Code", which I had given him for Christmas. That is one of my all time favorite books, along with its prequel, "Angels and Demons". Both by Dan Brown. So I was thinking about all my favorite books. I have some recent ones I've liked, and then there are the lifetime favorites. First, my recent ones:

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - Sidney Sheldon
Redbird Christmas - Fannie Flagg
The Zero Game - (I forgot who, but it was good)
And the two mentioned above. I can't remember what I've read good lately besides these.

Now, for the lifetime favorites:

The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis - my all time favorite books!
Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien (and The Hobbit)
My Side of the Mountain - (can't remember who)
The Forgotten Door - ?
All of Janet Dailey's thick books - Touch the Wind is the best.
All of John Grisham's - The Bleachers and The Partner are tied for best.
All of Fannie Flagg's - Fried Green Tomatoes is best.
Wild Bells to the Wild Sky - Laurie McBain - the all time best romance novel ever!
Most of Stephen King's (the earlier ones - he's really gone downhill in the last ten years).
The Flame and the Flower - Kathleen Woodiwiss - the third best romance novel.
Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke
Which reminds me of - Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card - the all time best sci-fi novel ever!
Lazy Liza Lizard - ? - a great book to read to children. I first heard it when my third grade teacher read it to us. I checked it out when my kids were little and read it to them.
If Tomorrow Comes - Sidney Sheldon - I like a lot of his books.
All of Jan Karon's books

Well, that's all I can think of now. If anyone wants to list their favorites, please do.

No comments: