Sunday, January 09, 2005

My New Favorite Place

Yesterday we took the Dobson youth to the temple in Raleigh for baptisms. Afterwards we went to this restaurant for lunch - The Italian something, Pie? Anyway, right beside that restaurant was a place called Ralph's something. As I was walking by it to go to the pizza place something caught my eye - Italian ices. Well, I love Italian ices. I always get them when we go to the beach, but I've never seen them anywhere else. (I'm not counting the frozen Italian ices in the grocery stores)

So, after lunch I talked everyone into going to this Ralph's place for an Italian ice. I was just expecting a few flavors and figured on getting cherry or something. This place blew me away! It had one section of what the guy called "water ices", which was what I was thinking of, with about 20 flavors. And then there was a section called "cream ices", with another 20. Then a third section of, I guess, creamier ices. And then a fourth section of "gourmet ice cream". And the good part was that you could try any of them and see what you liked. I tried several and ended up getting a coconut "cream ice". It was so good that I dreamed about it last night.

President Jarrell saw the Snickers flavor and tried that. He said, "Well you can't beat that," to which the guy behind the counter said, "Oh yes I can," and he pointed out another tub of Snickers with fudge swirled through it.

Anyway, I had thought that the frozen custard place in Raleigh was really good, but this has it beat. I told the Young Women today in church that next time we go to the temple (in March) we are definitely stopping there afterwards.

No comments: