Saturday, March 22, 2008

Twice in My Lifetime

About 20 years ago our family was traveling to Shelby to visit some good friends, and on the way - right in the middle of nowhere - we saw a blimp. It was the Metlife blimp and had Snoopy on it. It looked huge and weird up in the sky, and it seemed to be moving very slowly, although it didn't take too long to go on out of sight. I thought it was amazing.

And then yesterday as Bennie and I were coming back from Apex we saw another blimp! This was the Direct TV blimp on its way to Raleigh for the basketball tournament. Bennie had made the comment that we have now seen two blimps.

Speaking of the tournament, did anyone see Davidson play yesterday? Stephen Curry, who is Dell's son, scored 40 POINTS! He was awesome. I filled out four different brackets, and I had Davidson on three of them. UNC was boring. But I hope they come away with it.

And on the NIT side, VT played a good game last week. I hope they go all the way. I think they play again Monday.

And on Sunday, on the women's side, Temple will be playing at 9:30. They have a girl who played for East Surry the last four years - Marli Bennett. So, we actually have a local playing in the NCAA, even if it is on the women's side.

1 comment:

Bennie said...

I have a comment: you make the best peach cobbler ever!