Saturday, March 15, 2008

VT Fan

As of yesterday I am trying to become a Virginia Tech fan, so I will be ready to watch Victor next year. So Yesterday I watched them play Miami. This is what I don't understand - they start five freshmen. So is Victor going to have to wait three more years before he can start??? I like the coach, though. The announcers liked him too, which helped me to like him, I guess. He seems like a good guy, and he was named Coach of the Year for the ACC this year. He looks kind of like an older Chris Daughtry. The only problem I see with VT is their school colors. Ugly. BTW as far as colors go I think Starmount has the prettiest - Navy blue and orange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear we've got another VT fan in the making! I've been following VT ever since I went to school there, and now is a great time to get on board with the rest of the Hokie Nation. To correct something I read in your post, we don't start five freshmen... we start 3 freshmen and give significant playing time to 3 others. Only one of those players, Jeff Allen, is a true post player. Hokie fans are very excited about what Victor brings to the team next year, and although he probably won't play much as a freshman, he'll get the most minutes out of the 3 rookies and will get significant playing time in his sophomore year (Cheick Diakite will have graduated opening up some crucial minutes). I envision Victor as being a starter his junior year, with a ridiculously solid frontcourt of Jeff Allen and Victor Davila, to go along with Malcolm Delaney and Dorenzo Hudson at guard, and J.T. Thompson playing small forward. Don't worry about the colors, you'll learn to love orange & maroon!