Wednesday, November 07, 2012

State Park 10/29/12

We went out to the state park again on P-Day last week and took the elders with us.  It was fun.
We saw some deer, about 10 feet away.  They didn't seem to mind the cameras.






It was cold.


The elders took this one.  This is Hamlin Lake.


And what is a P-Day without pictures of Lake Michigan?  It was pretty calm.


I love the sand dunes.


It was a gorgeous day, just cold.


We have been to the lake in town several times when the wind was blowing hard, but I never had my camera.  The water would be splashing up HIGHER than the lighthouse.  It is amazing to see.  Our work is going well.  It's not all fun and games :)  We are meeting and visiting with a lot of really nice people.  I thought it would snow yesterday for sure, but it never did.  This is a great mission!  We've already been invited to members' homes for Thanksgiving AND Christmas.  Tonight we're visiting a sister who is having several people over to play cards.  I'll try to write and post more pictures more often. 

2 comments:

Chris Harris said...

Thanks for the post. I love seeing the pics and hearing about what you guys are up to.

Rise said...

Thanks for commenting! I feel like I'm putting pictures up of the same stuff over and over, but we seem to have new adventures all the time.