Monday, April 26, 2004

So, how often does one update one's blog? I'll try for a couple times a week. Last Friday Bennie planted our garden. I can't wait to get fresh vegetables (especially tomatoes) right out of our backyard. And we should have plenty of tomatoes. Bennie sent me to get everything Friday morning. He wrote down all the stuff we needed, and he included 12 tomato plants. So I got to the produce place to get all the plants and seeds and stuff, and they have these flats that you can put twelve little trays in. Then they sell the whole flat for $10.00 or something. So I went around and picked out all the stuff. I got okra, corn, green beans, squash, cucumbers, peppers, and watermelon. And tomatoes. I picked out 8 of the regular tomatoes and then 4 of the smaller ones (grape tomatoes that we used to call tommy toes), and filled up the flat. That makes 12, right? Well, when I got home I noticed that each tray actually held 4 plants. So, like I said, we should have plenty of tomatoes.

No comments: