Friday, April 30, 2004

I have had lines from songs on my mind. Justin (Chris) was talking about favorite movies, so I was wondering what people's favorite song lines are. Here are some of mine (not counting my blog title):

Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable, and lightness has a call that's hard to hear.

I've been this way ten years to the day.

Wait only for my bootheels to be wandering.

I never was one for romantic words, and the next few lines come really hard. I don't have much, but what I've got is yours. Except of course for my steel guitar.

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet. I am you and what I see is me.

Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceship flying in the yellow haze of the sun.

Wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door. Who is it for?

And one of my all time favorites - Don't ask me 'bout the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin. Don't ask me what I think of you - I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Oh well. I know there are hundreds of others, but I'm tired of thinking. Feel free to tell me some of your favorites.

No comments: