Saturday, May 15, 2004

Feel of the Wind

I have a bicycle! It is great. I had forgotten what it was like riding downhill and feeling the wind rush by. The only time I have ridden a bike in the last several years has been at the beach, where there were no hills. The only bad thing is, of course, the hills. I am determined, however, not to have to get off and walk my bike up the hills. So I haven't tackled the really big hill by our house yet, just some little ones around. I got a plain bike - no gears. Regular brakes.

Yesterday I went strawberry picking. I picked seven gallons in 30 minutes! It usually takes me an hour to pick two or three. So I froze 15 quart bags of berries and then cut up the rest and sugared them. I love strawberries. If anyone has any good strawberry recipes please put them in the comment section. I made up a pie crust with flour, sugar, and melted margerine, then pressed it in a 13x9 pan, baked until lightly browned. Then I mixed 2 cream cheese, 2 Eagle Brand milk, 2/3 cup lemon juice, and 2 t. vanilla, and poured over the cooled crust. You chill this for a couple hours, then serve with the strawberries on top. The filling is the same as the cherry-cheese pie filling. I'm going to experiment with cream cheese, crushed strawberries, powdered sugar, and cool whip, and mix it all up, then put in a pie shell and freeze. We'll see how it comes out.

No comments: