Saturday, May 08, 2004

I was going to do the movie quotes thing, but Josh did it instead. So, I thought about poems. What are your favorite poetry lines? Here are a few of mine:

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.


And hand in hand on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon, the moon.
They danced by the light of the moon.


Tell me what thy lordly name is on the night's Plutonian shore.
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore!"


Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting;
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home.

No comments: