Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Not a Creature was Stirring . . . Except

Once in a while we will get a mouse in our house. We have not had one for several months though, probably not since last fall. But we still had one of those sticky traps in our bedroom just in case. So, last night, around 3:00 a.m. I heard a racket which woke me up. I knew right away what it was and woke my fearless husband up to take care of the matter. He got up, turned on the light, and there it was! A little brown mouse, jumping around in the corner with one little foot stuck on the trap. So Bennie stands there and looks at it, trying to wake up, while I'm still on the bed freaking out. Well, before Bennie could get moving to actually CATCH the mouse, it broke free of the glue and ran behind the dresser. And we haven't seen it since. So after that I was "Sleepless in Dobson". I think I finally fell back to sleep around 4:30, but a fitful sleep at that. I can't wait until tonight.

No comments: