Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Big Debate

Well, I wanted to put my thoughts down before I forgot. I was a little disappointed in President Bush tonight. I was telling Bennie - there were so many times he could have and should have capitalized on something that Kerry said but didn't. It was almost like he had all this stuff memorized that he wanted to say and just wasn't paying attention to some of the stuff Kerry was opening himself up for. For example, when Kerry was talking about how we shouldn't be making nuclear weapons anymore - what was that all about? Was he saying that other countries can do this but not us? To set some kind of example or something? Bush could have pounded him in the ground with that one. And Bush didn't bring home the point about the 87 billion dollars for the troops like he should have. And the UN - we DO NOT have to go running to the UN every time we want to do something. But Bush let that one go too pretty much. Anyway, like some of the guys on Fox said, if I was a Kerry supporter I would be heartened by this debate tonight. Well, I'm a Bush supporter, and I hope Bush can do better next week. One more thing - If Dick Cheney had been in Bush's shoes tonight Kerry would have been cowering in some corner somewhere when Cheney got through with him!

No comments: