Monday, February 07, 2005

My Favorite SBC's

I watched the super bowl last night, but mainly for the commercials. Neither Carolina nor Atlanta made it, so I wanted both teams to lose. Anyway, there were a few commercials that I really liked. These are in no particular order.

Probably my favorite (because it made me cry) was the airport. You see all these people sitting around an airport, and then a group of soldiers come walking through wearing their khaki outfits. The people slowly begin to notice them, and then they all start to stand up and applaud. The soldiers look kind of surprised, and then smile at the people as they are walking by. At the end it just says "Thank You", and then the sponsor's name, which I think was Anheiser Busch(?). Anyway, that was my favorite.

I also liked the Ameriquest ones. I remember two. One was a guy walking into a convenience store while talking on his hands-free telephone. I can't remember what it was, but whoever he was talking to was buying something that apparently wasn't worth as much as he was going to pay. So this guy on the phone, but you couldn't see the phone, was talking to him, and as he walked up to the counter he was saying, "You're being robbed, you're being robbed", or something like that, and he also puts his hand into his coat pocket to get his wallet. So the store clerk just hears him and sees him going for his gun. So he starts spraying him with pepper spray, and then gets a ball bat out and starts hitting the poor guy. Then a woman comes up and gets in on it too. It is really funny. Then it says, "Don't be too quick to judge" or something like that.

The other Ameriquest was this guy comes home from work and starts cooking supper. He is fixing a big pot of spahetti sauce when his cat jumps up on the stove and knocks it over. He was getting ready to cut the bread and has this big knife in his hand. He has just bent over and picked up the cat by the scruff of the neck with one hand, with the knife in the other, and the puddle of red sauce on the floor when his wife opens the door and sees what looks like him murdering the cat. Again it says, "Don't be too quick to judge".

And the monkey ones were good too. Especially the butt-kissing monkey. And of course Paul McCartney was great! I just wish he had done different songs. Of all the songs he could have sung those were probably some of my least favorite. And I liked the four way screens. How did they do all that?

No comments: