Thursday, June 09, 2005

Last Day at Dr. B's

This was it. My last day! It was bittersweet. After you've spent time with people 32-40 hours a week for over five years it's hard to just leave, knowing you'll never have that friendship and closeness again. But, on the bright side, I'm excited about working at home again. I was treated very well today. Dr. Bokesch bought lunch for everybody and let me pick out the place (Cross Creek Country Club!), and then on top of that he gave me a $100.00 GC to Belk's. AND, he said if things didn't work out at home to let him know and I can come back any time. Now why wasn't he this sweet all this time I was there?

Storytime. This afternoon Pat and I had been outside our office talking, and then we came in and Inez went outside to smoke. I had just gotten back to my desk and started typing again when Inez opened the door (there were no patients there this afternoon) and yelled for Pat to come out. Well, I went to see what was going on too. You know how "curious" I am. So me, Pat, and Inez were all outside watching this big truck in our parking lot. It was a shredding truck. They had gone next door to pick up a big plastic tub of papers and put it in this truck. It was kind of like a garbage truck. He pushed this button and the plastic tub disappeared up inside the truck where, I assume, the contents were shredded, and then the empty tub came back out. It was cool. So Pat and Inez were talking about the merits of having a service like that come to our office to do the shredding, and we were all watching this truck as it started to leave. As it went across the parking lot the top of the truck caught hold of a cable and pulled it off the roof of our office. As it came off, this wooden piece came flying through the air with it and hit my car busting my windshield and denting the hood and door. Wow, what excitement. Pat went running out to catch the guy, waving her arms and stuff, and I whistled really loud to try to get his attention, but he didn't see or hear either one of us. He just pulled out in the street and kept on going. The wire was lying in the street and in the trees. So, to make a long story short, I called the police, they came, called the guy back, and I guess I'll get my car fixed tomorrow or Monday.

No comments: