Tuesday, May 31, 2005

New Job Part II

Okay, this is, as Paul Harvey would say, The Rest of The Story. I started working on my new job last week at night and over the weekend. I had three people's dictation to type. One doctor was hard, one doctor was medium, and the PA was good (kind of like the three bears). And sure enough the one guy who was hard was REALLY hard. I could hardly understand anything he said, and I missed a lot, so I had to leave blanks, which I hate to do. It actually took me 3 1/2 hours to do three reports, which I should have done in 30 or 40 minutes. So I was kind of depressed because he was so hard, and I wasn't going to be making much money doing him - because I get paid by how much I do. But I kept telling myself to be patient, that I would get used to him. Except I didn't believe myself.

So, today I took my stuff back to turn in, and the other woman who does transcription at this office asked me how it went. I told her about what a hard time I had had with this one doctor (who BTW is from Romania and has a really heavy accent). And guess what she said? She said for me not to worry about him, that she would just do his and I can do the other two. I don't know if I can describe the huge weight that just lifted off me when she said that. I was thrilled. And felt very blessed. Now, if I can just get used to the Hungarian guy.

No comments: