Friday, February 17, 2006

Just Missed Him!

Okay, I'll start at the beginning. I'll admit I'm a little behind the times here lately - I guess it's just age catching up. Well, a couple weeks ago I had recorded the Grammy Awards. So the next morning I was watching some of it, fast forwarding through most of it. At one point I stopped forwarding to see what was going on, and there, right before my eyes, was one of the best looking guys I had ever seen. He was sitting with Nicole Kidman. I assumed he was just some boy toy she was out with. So I fast forwarded again, and some time later I realized I was looking at the same guy. I stopped it to watch, and there was this guy playing guitar and singing. His name was Keith Urban. I had never heard of him, but I had heard the song he was playing. He is my new favorite singer!

So, then today during my lunch break I was reading the newspaper. In the Winston-Salem Journal there was a small paragraph that said Keith Urban was going to be at this car place in North Wilkesboro signing autographs this morning from 10:30 to 11:30. I looked at the clock - 1:15. I would have gone if I'd known sooner. Of course I'm probably old enough to be his mother, and I am married, but still . . .

No comments: