Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pajama Day

Because of the snow from yesterday we didn't have church today, so I never even got dressed. Every once in a while everyone should have a pajama day. It's nice. Bennie and I just finished 9 hours of "The Godfather Saga" between last night and today. I recorded it back in September, but there just hasn't been time to watch it until now. I love those movies. Next on the agenda is "Lonesome Dove", which I recorded in October. And next week I have it set to record "The Thorn Birds", so maybe next summer some time we'll get to watch that. Well, I will get to watch it. Bennie has already said he would pass on that one.

Also, Michelle Kwan is out! Am I the only person in America who is GLAD of that? I tried to feel sorry for her, but it just didn't work. So now the third place person, Emily Hughes, will rightfully get to compete.

And another tidbit of news. Dick Cheney just shot somebody on a hunting trip. I can't wait to hear what Dave, Jay, and Jon will have to say about that tomorrow. It didn't sound like it was his fault - just this guy, 78 years old, seemed to be wandering around where he wasn't supposed to be. I actually wondered if he did this on purpose to get everybody's minds off the Scooter Libby revelation where he supposedly ok'd the leak of Valerie Plame. Hmmm. . .

And, last but not least, I went to the last regular season Starmount ballgame last Friday. They barely beat North Surry in OT. So now Starmount is undefeated (in the conference), and will be the #1 seed in the sectionals next week. Me, Mom, and John were on TV, Channel 12, when they panned the stands. It was an exciting game. If they play well in the playoffs and don't have any more "off" nights, they will be the next state champions!

No comments: