Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mascots

I was just sitting here thinking about names. Starmount is in the playoffs, and I've been reading some of the posts on NCpreps.com. It's interesting to read. But anyway, I've been noticing some of the mascot names. What really got my attention was some team down east - either the Horses or Wild Horses, or something like that, but the girls were called the Lady Horses. Well, that just doesn't seem right to me. And then it got me started thinking about the girls' teams of different schools. For example Cherokee High School's mascot is the Braves. And the girls are called the Lady Braves. That makes no sense at all. They should be called the Squaws. And even Starmount - the Rams. You have the Lady Rams. No - they should be the Ewes. And Thomasville - the Bulldogs. Well, you get the picture. So, here's my list of impossible names:

Lady Rams
Lady Bulldogs
Lady Braves
Lady Bucking Elks
Lady Vikings (I guess there could have been)
Lady Huskies
Lady Blue Devils
Lady Demon Deacons
Lady Hokies (What is a Hokie?)
Lady Wolfpack

Well, I'm sure there are a lot more. I'm just tired of thinking right now.

No comments: