Friday, January 18, 2008

Better Than Radio

I am really getting sucked in here. I have an Itunes account, thanks to Christmas presents from family members, and so far I have bought songs that I've heard on TV. I actually love this. These TV shows - the ones that I watch anyway - have great music playing in the background. I discovered "Hallelujah" by watching the O.C. a few years ago. "Hey There Delilah" was on some show last year. Recently I was watching Criminal Minds and heard "Decoration Day" by Drive-By Truckers, which was on my blog a few weeks ago. Then last night while watching October Road I heard another song I had to buy - "Mystified" by Rocco Deluca and something. These last two songs I had never heard before on the radio, and never heard of the bands either. I was trying to tell Justin about Drive-By Truckers, but, since they are from ATHENS he knew a little more about them than me. And Supernatural has great music, however it is stuff I grew up with, so I know it. Anyway, I'm enjoying this trend of mixing good music with good TV shows. And it is so easy to find out what the songs are, and then, of course, to buy them on Itunes!

2 comments:

Bennie said...

I'm glad you are enjoying you gifts.

Ashley said...

This is Ashley- Completely off subject here, but did you hear that there is a FLORIDA bus trip coming up on Friday? Send me your e-mail address and I'll forward you the info. There is a conference call tonight with details at 8:00. My e-mail address is rabonic1@yahoo.com