Sunday, October 31, 2004

Zelda Sees the Light

As anyone who reads this knows, Zelda is our cat. Well, no, not our cat - Bennie's cat I should say. I refuse to have anything to do with her. Okay, sometimes I'll pet her, but then she will ATTACK me and bite me. So I don't like her. Except now Bennie has a new toy, and it is so much fun. He got a small laser pen light. It drives Zelda crazy! We can just sit, point the light around the room, and watch her go beserk trying to catch it. It's a good thing too because now she is finally getting some exercise. She was getting fat.

Just to bring you up to date on my life -

Last Monday I went to the Foxx-Harrell debate in East Bend. I was actually kind of undecided although I'm a pretty staunch Republican. But Harrell really turned me off when he started talking about different organizations and businesses having whatever they needed if he was elected. It sounded like he was just going to give our money away right and left. I have kind of gotten used to these lower taxes, and I don't want them going up again. So that sealed it for me.

Wednesday night the youth and YSA's at church put on a Halloween carnival for our branch. It was a great activity, and a lot of people came. Bennie made two cakes for our cake walk. One was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing that he decorated with marshmallow pumpkins. The other was a sponge cake with chocolate icing that was also decorated with marshmallow pumpkins. The thing is, it was real sponge. He had brought home a large piece of foam (2" thick) from work and cut it to 9"x13". So after it was decorated, it looked just like a chocolate cake. So I gathered the Young Women around when I got to church, and we decided to "present" it to the Young Men for helping us out on the activity. They were so appreciative. You can imagine. A whole cake just for them - around six or seven of them. So they went and got a knife and started to cut it into pieces. It was so cool. The girls had a great time watching the guys realize they had been had.

On FridayI voted. I got to the courthouse at 2:45, thinking that would be a good time, everybody else being at work. Well apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. I got out at 3:40, just shy of an hour.

Then yesterday I went to our big "Grand Finale Republican Rally" at Veteran's Park in Mt. Airy. I have gotten to be pretty active in the party in the last several months. This was fun. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, and BBQ for supper. Then a band played - "The Breeze" - and they were pretty good. Then they auctioned some stuff off to raise money. Then the candidates all talked. Next Tuesday night I am going back for our "Victory Party" at Headquarters.

That's about it. Quentin was in this weekend with the "Girls from Wilmington". He should write about his adventures in his blog - including his brush with the law, again, and his "Dangle from Death" in the cave.

No comments: