Monday, April 02, 2007

"Old Music"

Quentin was home this weekend and surprised me with a mixed CD he had made for me. He said he thought I would like it, and that it had a lot of "old music" on it. I took it with me to Jonesville Saturday night, listening to it going down 77. The thing is, when he said "old music", I was thinking Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, the Who, you know, 60's and 70's music. What was on the CD was Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Fuel - mostly 90's music. Then I realized, that was "old music" to Quentin. He was 10 in 1991 and grew up with this just like I had grown up with the other stuff. It really gave me a strange feeling. BUT, I still like the CD. Thanks Quentin.

1 comment:

Josh said...

i remember the first time i heard pearl jam on 92.3. it was weird. think about this. when i grew up in the 80's i thought the 60's were long ago. but now, the 80's are the new 60's. the 60's are the new 40's. WWII was at least 2 full generations ago. none of the contestants on final jeopardy tonight knew the name of the battleship where the japanese surrendered. BUT there's more in common between the who, pearl jam, and nickelback than between any of those and bennie goodman or tommy dorsey!