Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why Do They Do This?

Why do companies change things? I'm getting really tired of this. Whenever I get to liking a product, the company will come along and "improve" it, and it isn't the same anymore. For example, I have been using a lotion for over 20 years now, St. Ives. It isn't greasy. It softens your skin. No smell to it. So it's perfect. Now, I can't find it anywhere. They have upgraded it and changed the packaging and label. Now to get what is supposed to be the upgraded original, it stinks, and it doesn't feel as good on your skin. The closest I've found is the Aloe and Chamomile lotion, but it is too thick and just isn't as good as what I've been using for YEARS AND YEARS. So I'm trying to find a new lotion. I've tried Oil of Olay because I like their soap, but the lotion is too thin.

I remember years ago, probably when I was 13 or 14, somewhere around then, I used to love to eat Chef-Boy-Ardee spaghetti. It would come in a box with a small box of the spaghetti, a can of sauce, and a small can of Parmesan cheese. It was my all time favorite meal since before I could even remember eating. And then, like I said, when I was around 13 or so I cooked it one day and it tasted different, and not good. I got to wondering about this and looked at the can of sauce, at the ingredients. Guess what the third ingredient was? Carrots! Now what are carrots doing in spaghetti sauce? So I couldn't eat my favorite food anymore. Years later I learned to make my own spaghetti sauce and put in it what I liked.

So anyway, if anyone knows of a really good lotion please let me know. And I think I'll write to St. Ives and just tell them what I think about their stupid improvements.

5 comments:

Bente said...

I use Curel. I have a friend who had it recommended to her by her dermatologist. You can buy it everywhere. Sam Club also has it.

Rise said...

Thanks. I'll try it. Actually I also like the Bath and Body Works body creams, but they are pretty expensive.

Josh said...

my favorite is aveeno oatmeal lotion

Rise said...

Like father, like son. That is what Bennie uses. I don't like it as well.

Quentin said...

lotion is for girls